Noriaki is a partner of Miyakezaka Sogo, and has been working for the firm for more than 15 years. He also worked for Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP in Columbus, Ohio in the year 2008, and interned at the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and Broadcast Music, Inc.
Noriaki’s practice focuses on cross-border business transactions, especially in Mergers and Acquisitions, Restructuring, and Intellectual Property Licensing. He also specialized in Dispute Resolutions, worldwide Antitrust and Competition Law Practices, and consultation for incorporation and operations of foreign companies’ Japanese subsidiary.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Dispute Resolutions
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Licensing Transactions
- Representing Japanese power cable company in international cartel cases widely reported in Japan, the USA, Europe, and South America.
- Representing German automotive parts company in products liability lawsuit in Japan.
- Representing Thai company in acquisition of Japanese trading company's business in its bankruptcy procedure.
- Representing Japanese university-oriented biotech-ventures in joint research transactions with German, Chinese, and Japanese pharmaceutical companies.
- Representing various Japanese companies in acquisition and other business arrangements in South East Asia, and European and American countries.
- Representing various manufacturing companies in distribution/agency transactions.
- Representing various companies in establishing/dissolving joint-venture in South East Asia.
|New York (2008)
|The George Washington University Law School, IP Law LL.M.,2008
|Duke University School of Law, LL.M,. 2007
|Legal Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan, 2001
|University of Tokyo, Faculty of Law, LL.B., 2000
|Miyakezaka Sogo Law Offices, 2001 -
|Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP, Columbus, Ohio, 2008 (Staff Attorney)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- Member of Daini Tokyo Bar Associations
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the State Bar of California Association
- Member of Daini Tokyo Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Research Committee (Vice Secretary General)
- Member of Daini Tokyo Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Research Committee
- Member of the Copyright Law Association of Japan
- Member of Japanese Association of Medical University Network for Technology Transfer
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- "Copyright Act Annotations -2nd Edition" KEISOSHOBO, Co-Author (2015)
- "Bankruptcy and Security/Guarantee," SHOJI-HOMU, Co-Author (2014)
- "Countermeasures Taken by the U.S. Sound Recording Industry Against Sound Recording Piracy," RIAA (2007)